Justin Timberlake may be a co-conspirator and unreconstructed hooter snatcher, but he sure is funny: “wardrobe malfunction.” USA Today has a roundup of similar malfunctions:
- * An admitted owner of two left feet, President Bush tried to take daughter Jenna for a twirl on a 2001 Inaugural Ball dance floor, only to cause her strapless gown to plunge farther than intended.
* The View co-host Meredith Vieira endured a similarly mortifying moment when her breasts jumped out of her top during a segment in 1999 modeling prom dresses.
* Jessica Simpson experienced “technical difficulties,” according to a crewmember, when her pants split during a performance in Albany, N.Y., as part of MTV’s 2001 Total Request Live tour. Simpson told the audience it was her fourth such onstage incident.
* Paris Hilton had to have her backside blurred more than once during her Simple Life run when her pants and skirt dipped well below the belt.
* During an NHL playoff game in 1997, Lucy Lawless lived up to her name, at least according to FCC rules. After belting out the national anthem, the star of Xena: Warrior Princess triumphantly raised her arms and accidentally dropped her Stars and Stripes-spangled bustier in the process.
* Sure, she took home trophies last year and this year. But in sartorial respects, the Golden Globes have been none too kind to Meryl Streep of late. In 2003 she reached into her top – onstage – to adjust her, er, globes. This year she told the crowd that she had just realized her dress was completely see-through; she spent the rest of her acceptance speech with her legs firmly together.
* At the 1999 MTV Video Music Awards, Lil’ Kim had her left breast all but exposed in a purple flower pasty, which co-presenter Diana Ross eagerly fondled.
* Seems Jewel didn’t have the intuition to know that MTV’s TRL photo booth would have cameras. After a taping recently, the singer flashed for her boyfriend, rodeo champion Ty Murray. The topless pictures landed all over the Internet.