BC Magazine is proud to offer four lucky readers a chance to win a Russell Peters: Outsourced DVD.
Comedian Russell Peters has spent much of his seventeen-year career speaking as a member of and to the North American immigrant communities, whether it be his native Indian or Chinese, Filipino, Vietnamese, Korean, or Jamaican. In a press release for the DVD, Peters said, "My family and I are Anglo-Indian. Anglo Indians are a community of Indians from India who mixed with the British when they occupied India… I'm always trying to understand why people hate other people when they know nothing at all about them. My act is based on trying to figure that out and that's the art."
Already a success in Canada, he's recently located to Hollywood where he is developing a sitcom project. Russell Peters: Outsourced was filmed in front of a sold-out audience at the Warfield Theater in San Francisco, California. Playing in front of sold-out crowds is nothing new for the comedian, as he's sold out venues across Canada and the U.S. as well as in London, Sydney. and Melbourne. This special originally aired on Comedy Central in August of 2006 and Russell Peters: Outsourced is available now on CD and DVD formats.
Video streams from the following tracks of Russell Peters: Outsourced are available for a sneak peak viewing.
- "Intro" (Flash), (Quicktime), (Real Media), (Windows Media).
- "Convincing Indians" (Flash), (Quicktime), (Real Media), (Windows Media).
- "Somebody Gonna Get A Hurt" (Flash), (Quicktime), (Real Time), (Windows Media).
- "Embarrassing Parents/English Accents" (Flash), (Quick Time), (Real Media), (Windows Media)
- "Two Types of Asians" (Quick Time), (Real Media), (Windows Media)
How to Enter:
- Entries must be mailed to [email protected] and include your name, mailing address, e-mail address and telephone number.
- Entries must include the subject line, “Russell Peters Giveaway.” (Note all emails without the appropriate subject line will be discarded.)
- Entries must be received by March 15, 2007.
- Winners will be drawn after March 16, 2007.
- Contest is open to United States residents only.
- Winners will be notified by e-mail and in the comments section below.
- Four prizes consisting of one DVD each will be given away.