Thanks to everyone who took the House Trivia Quiz. The response has been wonderful; and thanks also to the FOX Official House website for linking to it. If you have taken the quiz, you may now proceed to the answer key below. If not, don’t peek! Take the quiz first. Unless you can’t resist. I won’t tell. I know how much Dr. House hates tattletales. Look at what he did to poor Von Lieberman in “Distractions.”
Part I: Name That Episode
1. Mention made of Wilson’s brother.
“Histories.” His long-lost and presumably homeless brother motivated Wilson to refer Victoria, a homeless woman with bizarre symptoms, to House in the season one episode.
2. House plays piano (name at least four).
Season one: “Socratic Method” “Damned if You Do,” “Role Model.” Season two: “Skin Deep,” “All In,” “House vs. God.” Season three: “Half-Wit.” Season four: “Games.” (Partial credit for the season one episode “Control,” in which House played a mean air-piano solo to The Who’s “Baba O’Riley.”
3. House plays guitar (name three).
Season three: “Que Sera, Sera” and “Human Error,” and in season four’s “Alone.” (Partial credit for “Games.” Even though House didn’t play guitar in that episode, the lovely acoustic piece on the patient’s recording was actually Hugh Laurie playing an original composition.)
4. House gets a motorbike.
“Daddy’s Boy (season two).” He did, however, do some window shopping earlier that season in “Autopsy.”
5. House and Wilson take a spin in House’s Corvette.
“Mob Rules” (season one). A gift from the Arnello brothers, the ‘Vette made its only appearance in that mid-Vogler arc episode.
6. Cameron runs on a treadmill.
“Kids” (season one).
7. House discloses why he became a doctor.
“Son of Coma Guy” season three).
8. House affects a (bad) upper-crust British accent.
“Socratic Method” (season one). House (played by British actor Hugh Laurie) badly disguises his voice in a late-night call to his patient’s last doc. It was a bit of humorously subtle irony as most viewers did not know early in season one that Laurie is British, although the comically snooty accent he uses is nothing like his own speaking voice.
9. House harmed himself intentionally (name three episodes).
Once each in seasons one, three and four, respectively: “Detox,” “Merry Little Christmas,” “97 Seconds.”
10. Carmen Electra cameos.
“3 Stories” (season one).
11. House loses his department.
“The Mistake” (season two).
12. Chase’s dad dies.
Also “The Mistake.”
13. We see a picture of Cameron’s dead husband.
“Spin” (season two).
14. We meet Foreman’s mother.
“House Training” (season three).
15. Wilson moves into House’s house.
At the end of “Clueless “(season two).
16. House faces a judge. Name three.
“Detox” (season one) “Words and Deeds,” “Finding Judas” (both season three).
17. House eats cotton candy.
At the end of “Sports Medicine” (season one). With Cameron.
18. House undergoes an MRI.
“Skin Deep” (season two).
19. House Plans a trip to the Galapagos Islands.
“Fetal Position” ( season three).
20. House diagnoses mass hysteria.
“Airborne” (season three).
Part II: House and Music
21. Name four instruments that House keeps in his apartment.
Gibson Jumbo acoustic (acquired in “Human Error” to replace his old acoustic); Gibson Les Paul model (played in “Que Sera, Sera”); five-string banjo (in his bedroom); Dobro guitar; Stratocaster; Gibson Flying V — if he fixed it.
22. Name two episodes in which we’ve heard House sing.
“Ain’t She Sweet” in “Deception,” “Serenade” from the Romberg Operetta The Student Prince in “Need to Know,” “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” in “It’s a Wonderful Lie.”