It is one of the perverse laws of life that those who need the least get the most: Really need a loan? You won’t get it. Have cash galore? The loans come looking for you. Check out the swank swag Grammy performers and presenters – virtually all multi-millionaires – receive in their gift bags:
- A Siemens SX56 Pocket PC mobile phone ($500), a Mattel My Scene doll ($15) and a Crest Spin Brush ($8) are just a few of the treats in store for performers and presenters at the awards show Feb. 23 in New York. [USA Today]
Bruce, Ashanti, Nelly, Faith, Norah, etc also get to “play Winona Ryder” in the “Gift Lounge” at Madison Square Garden on days they rehearse for the show:
- They’ll have their pick of free products such as $500 Stetson cowboy hats, Safilo eyewear from $350 to $750 and Jabra wireless headsets at $300.
The combined value of the gift basket and lounge, put together by L.A.-based Distinctive Assets, is $20,000.
- * Akademiks sweat suit, $150.
* Apple 20 GB iPod, $499.
* Evolution candles, $20.
* Invicta Lupah chronograph watch, $525.
* Logitech digital camera, $129.99.
* Sunbeam Oster In2itive blender, $149.99.
* Sunbeam Healthometer wrist blood pressure monitor, $99.99.
* The Sak purse, $58.
* Whirly Girls sterling silver bracelet, $240.
* Wilsons Leather luggage, $450.
* Stay at a Fairmont Miramar Hotel, $1,500.
* BriteSmile gift certificate, $600.
I’ve picked up some nice goodies at conventions, conferences and the like, but knock off a few zeros on total package value.