MTV content via Motorola wireless outside the US in $75million joint venture:
- Leveraging MTV’s influence among youth and knowledge of the ever-evolving music and lifestyle scene and Motorola’s technology and personalization intelligence, the two companies will develop and integrate locally created marketing activities in regions around the globe. Together, MTV International and Motorola will provide an environment that radically accelerates the way people use and view their mobile phone – creating a mobile entertainment experience for consumers to text, talk, rock, mix and more.
The alliance will include the following components, localized to appeal to consumers in each market:
– Innovative MTV content pre-loaded onto Motorola handsets, including ring tones, games, images, and more;
– New MTV shows and vignettes in each region spotlighting new music and developing artists;
– Online extensions for Motorola and MTV’s Web sites;
– Live MTV/Motorola events and retail promotions; and
– Local media buys.
….”This alliance celebrates MTV and Motorola’s focus on a total lifestyle connection with our youth audiences, delivering breakthrough creativity in local markets worldwide,” commented Bill Roedy, President of MTV Networks International. “MTV is the only media brand that can deliver this all encompassing experience to young people across multiple media platforms. Motorola’s commitment to being a leading innovator in the wireless space makes them a compelling partner to deliver these experiences with us.”
“No brand has a bond with the next generation like MTV. Helping extend that bond into a whole new mobile zone of immediacy, interactivity, and always-with-you is the most exciting part of this new alliance,” said Geoffrey Frost, corporate vice president of global marketing for Motorola. “We believe it’s going to be the source of some truly new-to-the-world experiences: on the ground, on air, online, and on millions and millions of a new kind of screen in pockets all over the world. We are incredibly excited about working with the extraordinarily creative minds at MTV.”
Do people really talk like this? After all of this and several paragraphs more in the press release, I’m still not sure what the hell they are doing other than some serious cross-promotion. We’ll provide content to anyone for $75M.