Some of you might wonder if I get tired of complaining about the songs and albums found in the weekly iTunes Music Watch. The answer is hell yes I do. I’m so tired of it, in fact, that I won’t spend a moment discussing how there is not one redeeming song or title anywhere to be found in these 20 albums. I’m not going to say that. I’m going to refrain and focus on reporting the news to you, so here we go.
Every summer finds its anthem and even though we haven’t officially reached summer according to the calendar, school is out most everywhere and in Huntsville this week we had heat indexes over 100 degrees. That says summer to me and apparently Katy Perry’s “California Gurls” says summer to all of you. Despite the fact Eminem’s album has leaked, people are still legally downloading the song and it’s resting comfortably in the Top 5.
Many friends have tried to insist to me Christina Aguilera is a good-to-great singer. I remain unconvinced. After her sprawling double album Back To Basics, she’s returned with Bionic and it checks in at #3 behind another Glee volume and the latest Twilight soundtrack. Jack Johnson has been booted from #1 but he remains a force in the charts as does Lady GaGa’s Fame Monster, which has been a sales monster. Putting aside my feelings on her music, I’m sometimes amazed when I see any album remain on the charts this long. You would think it had reached a saturation point and she’d need to release a new record, having sold all the copies of this one she’s going to. Not so. This thing continues to ring up at cash registers and through iTunes.
Here are your complete charts for the week:
iTunes’ top 10 selling singles of the week ending June 14, 2010:
- “California Gurls (feat. Snoop Dogg)” – Katy Perry
- “Airplanes (feat. Hayley Williams of Paramore)” – B.o.B.
- “OMG (feat. will.i.am)” – Usher
- “Billionaire (feat. Bruno Mars)” – Travie McCoy
- “Not Afraid” – Eminem
- “Your Love Is My Drug” – Ke$ha
- “Alejandro” – Lady GaGa
- “Rock That Body” – Black Eyed Peas
- “Cooler Than Me” – Mike Posner
- “My First Kiss (feat. Ke$ha)” – 3OH!3
iTunes’ top 10 selling albums of the week ending June 14, 2010:
- Glee: The Music, Journey to Regionals – Glee Cast
- The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), Various Artists
- Bionic – Christina Aguilera
- To the Sea – Jack Johnson
- Glee — The Music, Vol. 3 — Showstoppers – Glee Cast
- Recovery – Eminem
- Up On the Ridge – Dierks Bentley
- The Fame Monster (standard) – Lady GaGa
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals – Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
- B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray – B.o.B