Here it is Wednesday, and nothing “House” to discuss (sigh). And no new episodes until April 28 (double sigh). So… to compensate for the loss, I’ve assembled this (not-so-little) quiz. Are you a casual viewer or a fanatic: are you “Clueless” or do you have “The Right Stuff?” Take this quiz to find out, and then check your answers.
Part I: Name That Episode
1. Mention is made of Wilson’s brother.
2. House plays piano (name at least four).
3. House plays guitar (name three).
4. House gets a motorbike.
5. House and Wilson take a spin in House’s Corvette.
6. Cameron runs on a treadmill.
7. House discloses why he became a doctor.
8. House affects a (bad) upper-crust British accent.
9. House harms himself intentionally. (Name three episodes.)
10. Carmen Electra cameos.
11. House loses his department.
12. Chase’s dad dies.
13. We see a picture of Cameron’s dead husband.
14. We meet Foreman’s mother.
15. Wilson moves into House’s house.
16. House faces a judge (name three episodes).
17. House eats cotton candy.
18. House undergoes an MRI.
19. House plans a trip to the Galapagos Islands.
20. House diagnoses mass hysteria.
Part II: House and Music
Music is very important to Dr. House, and he has eclectic tastes. We often see House (and his alter-ego Hugh Laurie) playing or listening to it.
21. Name four instruments that House keeps in his apartment.
22. Name two episodes in which we’ve heard House sing.
23. What type of instrument did John Henry Giles give House as a gift?
24. Name the classical piano piece that House plays on the piano at the end of "Skin Deep".
25. Name the Oscar Peterson piece House plays at the end of "All In".
26. Name the piano piece played by House in "House vs. God".
27. What are two musical pieces House has on his iPod?
28. What’s the first episode in which House played a musical instrument?
29. What brand guitar did house acquire in "Human Error"?
30. What’s the name of the song House played with Dave Matthews in "Half-Wit"?
Part III: The House Soundtrack
The music for the show is often brilliant at evoking the mood of a scene. Name the episode and context for these House musical selections.
31. John Mayer's "Gravity"
32. "Hava Nagila”
33. Ryan Adams' "Desire"
34. Elvis Costello's "Beautiful"
35. Sigmund Romberg operetta The Student Prince
36. Lucinda Williams' "Are You All Right?"
37. Gomez' "See the World"
38. Donovan's "Season of the Witch"
39. Bird York's "In the Deep"
40. Three Dog Night's "One"
Part IV: House General Knowledge
41. Name four languages besides English that House can speak or understand.
42. How many times has Wilson been married?
43. How many times (and in what episodes) have patients died?
44. When did Cameron and Chase first get together?
46. Who is Ingrid and what is her connection to Wilson and House?
47. What are House’s parents’ names?
48. What’s Chase’s father’s name?
49. What’s House’s address?
50. Name one Woody Allen reference in the series.
51. What is Cuddy’s specialty?
52. What is Cameron’s specialty
53. What is Chase’s specialty?
54. What's wrong with Foreman's mom?
55. Name the three episodes in which we have seen House’s scar.
Part V: House Connections
House has featured guest stars who are famous (or not so famous) for other roles in television, film, and Broadway stage. I've only given you the clues. You provide the names.
56. WKRP in Cincinnati
57. Night Court (extra point if you can name both)
58. Buffy (extra point if you can name more than one)
59. St. Elsewhere
62. Full Metal Jacket
Part VI: Props
House surrounds himself with lots of objets d'art as well as useful items. They're practically part of the character. Can you tell what these are based on the clues?
66. Red, sweet, sticky
67. Keeps him “warm and cool.”
68. Has a “ginormous scratch”
69. Big, round, red and white
70. Good for grinding your own medications and for smashing your hands
71. Chick Webb
72. He has two by Sota
73. One has flames; one is silver-tipped
74. Pool hall oracle
Part VII: Patient Care
There have been a lot of memorable patients treated at Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital over the years. Can you name these?
75. House risked his license to get her a transplant
76. She wrote House love letters
77. Just one word for her: jelly
78. Chase chastely kissed her
79. She had a “tattoo of a skunk” on her shoulder
80. House “ate the berries” to help this young patient
81. House couldn’t “kill her dream”
82. Road trip and a hoagie
Scoring (thanks to my friends at the Hugh Laurie: Too Handsome For Paperwork forum for help with the scoring designations):
More than 75 points: You are “All In.” You probably know this show better than David Shore.
60-75: “Role Model” (for other fans).
50-59: You have “The Right Stuff” but perhaps you need to watch your DVD collection one more time
40-49: You “Need to Know” more about the show to be a true fanatic
Less than 40 points. Alas you are “Clueless” about House. You are probably a "newbie." Keep watching and take this quiz again in a few months.
Answers will appear in this space next week.Powered by Sidelines