Yeesh, two weeks off and this lame update is the best we get Sony? I am a huge Sony fanboy (ask anyone on the Blogcritics gaming knows) and these updates are really starting to bug me. First we get some really, really sad and overpriced songs for Guitar Hero III that no-one has heard of, and we get Rock Band songs way after the Xbox 360 has them. Oh yeah, more pay for cheat code cars for Need for Speed: ProStreet, an okay demo and a single video?
Sony, you really need to start investing in content, we need more PS1 games, demos for older games that are released but have never been in demo form on the PS3 (but exist in the Xbox Live Marketplace), more themes, more wallpapers and updates as they occur. There is absolutely no reason to update only on Thursdays, because of your current system, downloads are very slow on the update day and when you actually have a good update people are cheesed because the have to wait hours for downloads.
Sorry about the rant folks, but Sony needs a swift slap upside the head once in a while to keep them honest. Now on to the PSN ‘content’ list, note all prices listed are in US funds.
NFL Tour ‘09 Network Demo
You are the star of the NFL’s traveling road show in NFL Tour! This is a hard-hitting, pulse-pounding game of 7-on-7 football. NFL Tour is football the way you always wanted to play the sport!
Add-on Game Content
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
* Die Fantastischen Vier “Ernten Was Wir Säen” – Single Track ($2.49)
“Ernten Was Wir Säen” as performed by Ernten Was Wir Säen.
* Trust “Antisocial” – Single Track ($2.49)
“Antisocial” as performed by Trust
* Extremoduro “So Payaso” – Single Track ($2.49)
“So Payaso” as performed by Extremoduro.
* Warner/Reprise Track Pack ($6.25)
“No More Sorrow” as performed by Linkin Park , “Sleeping Giant” as performed by Mastodon, “Pretty Handsome Awkward” as performed by The Used.
* “Attack” – 30 Seconds to Mars ($0.99)
* “The Kill” – 30 Seconds to Mars ($0.99)
* “Dirty Little Secret” – All-American Rejects ($0.99)
* “Move Along” – All-American Rejects ($0.99)
* “Song With a Mission” – The Sounds ($0.99)
* “Limelight” – Rush ($1.99)
* “Hard to Handle” – The Black Crowes ($1.99)
* “Gimme Three Steps” – Lynyrd Skynyrd ($1.99)
Need for Speed ProStreet
Unlock vehicles for immediate use. These cars can be achieved without purchase by progressing through Career.
* Shelby GT500 ($1.99)
* Chevrolet Corvette Z06 ($2.49)
* Lancer Evolution ($2.49)
* BMW M3 E92 ($2.49)
* Ford GT ($2.49)
* Chevrolet Camaro Concept ($2.49)
* Dodge Viper SRT10 ($2.99)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Japanese Launch Trailer (free)
The real driving simulator returns with the highly anticipated precursor to Gran Turismo 5, featuring 50 cars from worldwide automakers including Ferrari, Ford, and Audi. With an all-new interior dash view, online racing mode, and more, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue unveils revolutionary advancements that blur the distinction between simulation and reality. Download the official Japanese trailer from the December 13 launch of the game in Japan.