BC Magazine is proud to team up with Shout! Factory, purveyor of some of the very finest in pop culture entertainment, to offer you the opportunity to win some fabulous prizes from Shout! Factory's extensive catalog. This is one of our biggest giveaways ever – check out the rest of the site to see what else we've got – there's something here for everyone!
Shout! Factory is celebrating the recent relaunch of its website. ShoutFactory.com offers visitors an array of online amenities including two streaming media players and exclusive original programming such as Shout! Popcast, Shout! TV, PopVision and Mumblepuss Theatre, along with updated shopping tools, a new Shout! Factory podcast page, games, blogs, a bulletin board, news and business-to-business services.
Our BC Music giveaway offers you the chance to win one of these great prizes:
John Lee Hooker's Hooker (box set) – This extensive four disc box set draws from John Lee Hooker's massive career which encompassed 100 albums on 30 labels over 50 years and is tribute to his unique style of folk and blues music. Produced by his estate, it is meant to serve as a legacy to his career.
BC Magazine's assistant music editor DJRaidohead reviewed this set back in November and had this to say about the compilation, "Few bluesmen have proved as versatile or as enduring as John Lee Hooker, and while this set might not include every scrap of the evidence to bear this out, it comes close." BC Magazine writer, El Bicho also gave an insightful review of Hooker in October and said, "Forget Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, and the rest of that pharmaceutical nonsense. Instead, take two CDs from Hooker and call me in the morning. Your blues are sure to disappear."
Jessi Colter's Out of the Ashes – Wife to Waylon Jennings, Colter produced a similar brand of outlaw country as her husband and his usual cohorts. She took a hiatus from her recording career in the mid '80s to first raise her son, and then help him launch his own career.
This album is her return to recording and was released in February of 2006. Out of the Ashes is a tempered mix of country, gospel, and blues and includes the song "Please Carry Me Home" which features her son, Shooter Jennings.
How to enter:
- Entries must be mailed to [email protected] and include your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
- Entries must include the subject line "BC Music Giveaway." Any entries that do not include the required subject line will be discarded without consideration.
- Entries must be received by April 9, 2007.
- Winners will be drawn after April 10, 2007.
- Winners will be notified by e-mail and in the comments section below.
- Two winners will be drawn; one winner will receive a copy of The John Lee Hooker box set Hooker and one winner will receive a copy of Jessi Colter's Out of the Ashes.
- One winning entry per household.