As the United States embarks on the celebration of its 236th birthday, let’s find out how well you know the names of its parts. The answers follow this list of 26 questions (to include a bonus). Good luck and may the Fourth (of July) be with you!
1) Kansas has two As in its name. What state has four As in its name?
2) Two state names contain the letter B. Which one isn’t Nebraska?
3) What state name has more than one C in it?
4) What state name contains two Ds?
5) What state has four Es in its name?
6) Two state names contain the letter F. Which one isn’t Florida?
7) Georgia begins with a G. What state name ends with a G?
8) What state name ends with an H?
9) Hawaii has two Is in its name. What state name contains four Is?
10) What state name contains the letter J?
11) Alaska has one K in its name. What state has two Ks in its name?
12) What state name contains two Ls?
13) What state name has a capital M in it but does not start with the letter M?
14) What state has three Ns in its name?
15) What state name contains three Os?
16) The letter P can be found in the state names of Pennsylvania, Mississippi and _____.
17) How many state names contain the letter Q?
18) What state has two Rs in its name?
19) Two state names contain four Ss. Which one is not Mississippi?
20) Two state names end with the letter T. Which one is not Connecticut?
21) U is the third letter in the state names of South Carolina, South Dakota and _____.
22) What state name has a capital V in it but does not start with the letter V?
23) W is one of four letters in this state’s name: _____
24) Two state names contain the letter X. Which one is not New Mexico?
25) What state name has a capital Y in it but does not start with the letter Y?
26) What state name contains the letter Z?
Bonus: Name one state that was not an answer to any of the questions.
4) Rhode Island
10) New Jersey
13) New Mexico
16) New Hampshire
17) No state has the letter Q in its name.
18) North Carolina
22) West Virginia
25) New York
Some of the states listed below were part of a question, but none of them was an answer: Alaska, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin