This forum got a very good reaction last year. It’s kind of expensive, but if you are in the biz, it could be well worth your while. If any of the Big Questions get answered, let me know.
- 4th Annual DIGITAL MUSIC FORUM
March 1, 2004 New York City
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This year’s forum focuses on the following questions:
– Is there a viable business model for selling music online?
– Can licensed services compete with free downloads from file-sharing
– Who will be the winners and the losers in the world of online music sales?
– What is the status of pending lawsuits and legislation concerning digital copyrights? Can the music industry profit from legitimate uses of P2P?
– How are consumers reacting to new formats for music delivery?
– Will new formats generate the kind of success that the industry experienced with CDs during the ’80s and ’90s?
– What are the challenges and opportunities for music industry executives seeking to maximize the potential of the mobile market?
– What does the future hold for satellite and Internet radio?
Laura Goldberg – COO, Napster
Amy Bernstein – Senior Editor, Business 2.0
Derek Broes – EVP, Worldwide Operations, Altnet
David Card – VP & Research Director, Jupiter Research
Scott Cohen – Co-Founder & President, The Orchard Global Media
Ted Cohen – SVP, Digital Development & Distribution, EMI Music
Peter Csathy – COO, MusicMatch
David Del Beccaro – President & CEO, Music Choice
Maureen Dorney – Partner, Gray Cary
Roy Elkins – CEO & Founder, Broadjam
Mark Frieser – CEO & Founder, Consect
Brian Garrity – Senior Editor, Billboard Magazine
Jim Griffin – CEO, Cherry Lane Digital
Ellie Hirschhorn – GM & EVP, MusicNet
Jeff Howe – Contributing Editor, Wired Magazine
Scott Kauffman – President & CEO, MusicNow (formerly FullAudio)
John Kilcullen – President & Publisher, Billboard Magazine
David Kusek – VP, Berklee Media, Berklee College of Music
Steven Marks – SVP, Legal and Business Affairs, RIAA
Tim Nilson – VP, Mobile Technology, Sony Music
Jonathan Potter – Executive Director, Digital Media Association
Ty Roberts – CTO, Gracenote
Sean Ryan – VP, Music Services, Real Networks
Ned Sherman – CEO & Founder, Digital Media Wire
Howie Singer – Chief Technology Officer, Warner Music Group
Steve Schnur – Worldwide Executive of Music & Audio, Electronic Arts
Perry Solomon – Founder & VP, Strategy, Peppercoin
Bob Struble – President & CEO, Ibiquity Digital
Nikke Slight – SVP, New Media, Atlantic Records
Don Teague – VP, Sales & Marketing, PaymentOne
Nada Usina – GM, Entertainment & Media Business, Nokia America
Jim Van Huysse – Executive Director & GM, The AOL [email protected] Network
Jon Vlassopulos – Sr. Dir., Bus. Dev., AT&T Wireless Mobile Multimedia
more to come……
Pre-Registration: $295 (until February 20)
Registration: $395 (after February 20)