- Singles from Kanye's new album are released…well received by many.
- Singles from 50's new album are released… not well received by many.
- 50 calls out Kanye, saying there's no way Kanye will outsell him the first week, and if he does, 50 will retire.
- Kanye kills 50 in album presales.
- 50 gets pissed that tracks from his album are leaked onto the internet, goes kinda crazy.
- 50 talks shit about Kanye.
- 50 tries to start beef with Lil Wayne.
- T.I., Jay-Z, Diddy, 50 Cent AND Kanye all perform together on-stage.
After the albums are released…
WHAT?! This guy is ridiculous! What kind of farce is this? This is not hip-hop. This guy recycled music from his first two albums and that is the reason his album is not and will not sell. When you are a fake, you get exposed like Milli Vanilli.
Did 50 really think that all the guest spots from R&B singers and white boys like Robin Thicke and Justin Timberlake would save his album? 50 Cent has become exactly what Ja Rule was a few years back, when he more or less ended Ja's career… he is a rapper with R&B singers on his wing.
Why does 50 seem to think that people will be so upset at his "retiring?" Real musicians never retire. Apparently he thinks that will make people go out and buy his "last album." Oh wait… it's not his last album. Or is it?
Get real! Starting shit with Kanye, starting shit with Wayne, saying he will retire, saying he won't put another album out… All hype. It's all a cover up for a shitty product. 50 put out a mediocre album and he knows it. So in turn, he must create hype among the media and the fans to up his record sales.
And I know what you're saying, "Whatever, Mike…you're the one following this stuff, so the hype must be working on you."
Wrong. You're wrong. Because where I stand apart is the fact that I am a lover of real music… Not hype. Good music will create it's own hype and speak for itself.
It has to be about the music. Not about hype, not about controversy, not about beef, not about threatening to retire, not about record sales. The music is all that matters.
50 Cent's entire career has been a publicity stunt. It hasn't been about the music…it has been about hype. Like Nas said… "Fuck a bum, whack rapper making his career outta dissin."
Good riddance, 50 Cent.