As if dealing with Voldemort, Snape, and Rita Skeeter wasn’t bad enough, Harry Potter is now the center of a blogospheric storm, with political overtones.
1. Chris Suellentrop has a nasty essay in Slate calling Harry Potter all sorts of names.
2. Kieran Healy chimes in, saying that Harry’s success is mostly due to luck.
3. Glenn Reynolds defends Harry, and compares him to George Bush. With defenders like that, who needs accusers?
4. Lean Left thinks that all the nasty things Suellentrop said about Harry were really aimed at Bush in the first place.
6. Sisyphus Shrugged has the best line: “If Harry Potter existed, Fred Barnes would write nasty columns about him.”
DON’T READ ANY OF THESE IF YOU HAVEN’T READ THE BOOKS OR SEEN THE MOVIES, AND PLAN TO. THEY GIVE THE PLOT AWAY.Powered by Sidelines