Truthiness. Is there anything better?
Seriously, is there?
Don’t think I’m joking around with you here, asking a question that I don’t want an answer to. I definitely want an answer to the question: is there anything better than truthiness?
What are you, a member of the WGA? Are you out on strike? You won’t throw down a little comment below to say whether or not there is anything better than truthiness? Fine, you don’t want to write, don’t write.
Let me explain what will happen because you refuse to write, though. Is that okay? Can I just explain the consequences of your (in)action? Thank you, your forbearance is appreciated.
Your refusal to write anything, not even an e-mail, means that you will not be able to enter Blogcritics Magazine’s latest giveaway, and boy is it a doozy. We’re teaming up with the swell folks over at Comedy Central and The Colbert Report for this one. What we’re doing is a giveaway that’s going to have two winners, a grand prize winner, and a runner-up. The grand prize winner will be getting The Best of the Colbert Report on DVD (street date: November 6), a t-shirt, and a poster. The runner up will get a t-shirt and a poster (sorry, no DVD, but remember, it will be available for purchase come November 6).
Do you understand what I’m telling you? We’re giving away Stephen Colbert stuff. Yup, that’s right, Stephen Colbert. Stephen Colbert, the man who wants to be the next President of the United States. Stephen Colbert, the defender of truthiness. Stephen Colbert, funnyman. Stephen Colbert, host of The Colbert Report (whose new DVD, The Best of the Colbert Report is available starting November 6).
You know him. You love him. We’re giving away his stuff. Therefore, you must love us, too.
Need more of an enticement? Check out the widget, then read the rules.
- Entries must be mailed to BCGiveaway@gmail.com and include your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
- Entries must include the subject line Stephen Colbert DVD. Any entries that do not include the required subject line will be discarded without consideration.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entries must be received by November 16, 2007.
- The winner will be drawn on or after November 17, 2007.
- The winner will be notified by e-mail and in the comments section below.
- One winning entry per household.
- You must be a continental U.S. or Canadian resident to enter.