NBC's Tommy Lee goes to College:
Answer either (1) or (2), in essay form:
2. Seriously, why?
Answer three (3) of the following questions:
1. The hot blonde tutor versus the chubby brunette tutor. Contrast and compare, with reference to worn-out adolescent jokes.
2. The producers have crossed The Simple Life with Porky's - badly. Agree or disagree?
3. Define the following terms: tight, killer, rad, crackin'.
4. Is this: (a) a reality show? or (b) an unscripted comedy?
If (a) justify use of crane shots.
If (b) explain where the comedy went. Use examples.
5. Tommy Lee's presence on a Nebraska campus is less shocking for his plethora of tattoos and piercings than it is for his advanced age, dripping nose and eye bags. Discuss.
Multiple choice section:
1. Making Tommy report to a professor called Dr Gay is:
a) hilarious - the dude's name is Gay!
b) sort of amusing
c) I'm sorry, I'm in a coma
2. Showing the reactions of students to Tommy walking round campus is:
a) hilarious - they're freaking out, cos it's Tommy!
b) interesting the first time
3. Tommy proves that higher education is:
a) a valuable commodity in today's market
b) something way too hard to understand
c) anyone got some blow?
Please hand in all tests before the end of class. Extra marks will be given for those who can correctly predict the date at which NBC considers pulling the series due to low ratings.
Want to read more teletart TV musings? Come here.