Head: I'm going to go out on a limb and say The Sopranos actresses will split the farewell vote and Katherine Heigl will squeak through on charm and a smile and a hit movie.
Random Number Generator: 3, Chandra Wilson. A bright spot in a show whose light has dimmed.
Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series
- Tina Fey, 30 Rock, "Tracy Does Conan"
- Robert Carlock, 30 Rock, "Jack-Tor"
- Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, Extras, "Daniel Radcliffe"
- Greg Daniels, The Office, "Gay Witch Hunt"
- Michael Schur, The Office, "The Negotiation"
Heart: Can we give it to all of them? No? Then Greg Daniels for the episode where Oscar was outed and Pam dumped Roy. It deserves it just for Jim tricking Dwight and Michael into buying gaydar.
Head: The Emmys seem to love Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, and Extras is hilarious.
Random Number Generator: 2, Robert Carlock. Not my favourite episode of 30 Rock, but he can represent the entire show for me.
Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series
- Ronald D. Moore, Battlestar Galactica, "Occupation/Precipice"
- Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, Lost, "Through the Looking Glass"
- Matthew Weiner and David Chase, The Sopranos, "Kennedy And Heidi"
- Terence Winter, The Sopranos, "The Second Coming"
- David Chase, The Sopranos, "Made In America"
Heart: Three from The Sopranos? No room for House? Dexter? The Wire (hey, I'm not one of the TCA critics; I can still complain)? This is where I start to stomp my feet. Battlestar Galactica is the only one of these I watch, so even though I haven't caught up with this season yet, I'll say Ronald D. Moore for the season premiere.
Head: One of The Sopranos. Would they dare give it to the controversial series finale? What the heck: I'll go with "Made in America" by David Chase.
Random Number Generator: 4, Terence Winter. One of the other Sopranos scripts would still prove the "last chance" theory right.
Tune in to FOX on Sunday, September 16, to root for your favourites. Just don't place any bets using Random Number Generator's picks.