Chris Rock was ok, Scorsese got screwed, and Melanie Griffith looked like she needed to get to a methadone clinic. Its time to recap last night's Oscars!!!!!
1. Catalina Sandino Moreno was stunningly gorgeous. What a fox.
2. Cate Blanchett is a classic beauty.
3. Kirsten Dunst--In 3 words. Hubba. Hubba. Hubba.
4. Beyonce--She looked good in every outfit they put her in.
5. Salma Hayek--Unbelievably gorgeous.
1. Melanie Griffith--She has to be one of the most beat up looking women in Hollywood. Just disgusting looking.
2. Laura Linney--what was up with her mullet? And the dress was only slightly better.
3. Renee Zellweger--Her dress looked like it was painted on her, and she had to do some screwed up duck walk to even get to the microphone. Hey Renee--eat something....please!!
1. Chris Rock will get a lot of heat for his emcee'ing, but I thought he was fine. This is a tough gig, and I liked the edge he brought to it.
2. I have to admit, I was impressed with all 3 of Beyonce's performances. I didn't know she had that type of vocal range, although I'm not sure why she had to perform practically every song.
3. Sidney Lumet's acceptance speech was perfect. Very classy guy.
4. Chris Rock's movie theater sketch was very funny.
1. Where do I begin. The changes to the award format (awards in the balcony, awards in the audience, nominees on the stage) were all horrible ideas that looked even worse when actually executed. Face it Oscar, the show is always going to be 3 1/2 hours long. This is an idea that quickly needs to be put to bed.
2. The Counting Crows performance was awful. How does this band have any following at all? And what was up with Adam Duritz's hair? It looking like a goddamn pineapple.
3. Does anyone take Antonio Banderas seriously, except himself? His singing is atrocious and so was that song. Perhaps I needed the actual artist who recorded it to sing it, but the Academy is too stupid to do that. And how much grease did Banderas have in his fricking hair? It was disgusting.
4. What was up with all of the backstage crashes and noises? This was one of the worst produced Oscars ever. You had PAs running out mics to Chris Rock with the cameras rolling, and sets crashing in the back.
5. Please stop having cartoon characters give out awards. Its stupid.
6. "Paging Sean Penn's sense of humor. Paging Sean Penn's sense of humor! Please report to the Kodak Theater immediately." What a self-serious asshole.