Extras. A modest selection of extras rounds out the three-disk set.
- Commentaries. There are two tracks featuring the lead characters. Both tracks are pretty funny as they pal around reminiscing about the episode. The episodes are "Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom" and "Hundred Dollar Baby."
- Sunny Side Up: Making-of Featurette. This consists of interviews with all of the primaries, and a few of the other producers. They talk about casting Kaitlin, bringing in Danny DeVito, and the writing in terms of offensiveness. (17 minutes)
- Kaitlin Audition Featurette. This was pretty funny, as they went through the casting process. It includes her audition footage, which was a scene that wasn't even written for her! (5.5 minutes)
- The Gang F*#!s Up: Outtakes. Your standard line flubs and such. (4 minutes)
- Fox Movie Channel Presents: Making a Scene: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. This focuses on bringing in Danny DeVito and his shooting limitations. It was interesting to hear that they had to shoot all ten episodes worth of Danny's scenes before anything else, as he was limited to 20 days of work. That limitation brings in all sorts of production issues impacting continuity and budget. (8.5 minutes)
Bottom line. It starts off stronger than it finishes. I like the irreverent tone that the show takes. There is an offensiveness that isn't offensive. It is a tightrope to walk. Not to say this is genius or anything, but it is pretty darn funny.