Audio/Video. The 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen video looks pretty good. It has a realistic color palette and there is a good level of detail through the shadows. It is not up to the latest Hollywood blockbuster standards, but were you really expecting that? I didn't think so. Still, it is nicely done. The audio is in the same realm. The Czech language track is always clear, although not the most active. It has a good range, although it fails to really stand out in any way.
Extras. This Fangoria (through Media Blasters) release has a few extras along with the film.
- Commentary. This track is with director Marek Dobes. I only listened to a little bit of the track as I grew quite bored with it. It is in English, but Dobes English is not the best and he is a droll, low talker. He seems to have plenty of information to relate if you want to try it.
- The Making of Choking Hazard. This featurette runs for 45 minutes and has plenty of behind-the-scenes footage from the set.
- Music Video. This is from one of the rock tunes from the film and features footage from the movie.
- Photo Gallery. This consists of five minutes worth of stills from the set.
- Original Trailer. Just what it says.
Bottomline. This is sort of fun in a manic, free-wheeling manner. Again, there are some wonderful parts, some cool shots, and plenty to like, but it just does not add up to a complete movie experience.