A soothing female voice that reminds me of the unemotional dispatcher saying, “One Adam-12, armed robbery in progress at 121 Park Street, shots fired, code three.” What she’s telling us about isn’t an armed robbery — it was murder. It’s abhorrent that anyone would want to commit mass murder of this magnitude (over two thousand people).
The DVD, 911 Mysteries, asks a lot of questions that anyone with just a cursory knowledge of demolitions would ask. To help viewers, the director, producers, and writers, collectively known as “Smallstorm,” provide the viewer with a primer on demolitions.
My first question is, “Who is Smallstorm?” When the credits roll by at the end of this DVD, there is no mention of Smallstorm. There is a list of 31 people and companies under the heading of “Special Thanks.” Included in that list are two names that might be familiar to conspiracy theorists: Texas radio talk show host Alex Jones (a self-described paleoconservative) and John Hankey.
We found a clip on YouTube of Hankey giving a presentation in which he says he has taught history for 20 years. In a seach for “small storm” on the Internet, the first item that comes up is titled, “What Happened To Sophia Shafquat Aka Sophia Smallstorm?” Ms Smallstorm has apparently become an enigma herself. At the conclusion of the credits an announcement appears that the 2007 copyright for 911 Mysteries is owned by In the Wake Productions Avatar, LLC. A Google search for that company leads to 911weknow.com. Although this site has been updated as recently as June 2010, the most prominent message is a request for donations and offers to sell 911 Mysteries by mail order.
911 Mysteries does a thorough presentation of documented facts about demolitions and explanations for why they apply to 9/11and the World Trade Center. The information presented begs numerous questions about what happened to the Twin Towers. Consider these examples:
- How did the WTC lobby sustain devastating damage from a hit more than 70 stories above?
- If the floors pancaked as explained by the mainstream media, why didn’t the steel core survive?
- Why did the “pancake collapse” occur at or faster than the speed of gravity?
- What could explain the significant damage to the sixth sub-basement more than 70 floors below the impact point of the passenger jet?
- What was the source and cause of the explosions heard by firemen inside the towers?
- How could the impact of an airplane on the 78th floor cause molten metal in the foundation that continued to remain at temperatures above 1100 degrees for weeks afterwards?
- Why did building 7 (location of the mayor’s bunker, CIA, and SEC computers) come down?
- Who was in charge of security? (President Bush’s brother)
- Why was power to both towers shut down (causing loss of electronic security) for an entire weekend prior to 9/11?
- Why were bomb-sniffing dogs removed?
- To what extent and how was Underwriters Laboratories involved?
A clever questioner can box in the one being interrogated by structuring the questions in the proper sequence and build upon the answers leading to a predetermined conclusion. Unlike previous Hankey productions, 911 Mysteries manages to avoid the temptation to lead the viewer to a conclusion other than the fact that we still have many questions for which the American public and the world deserve honest answers. Was there a conspiracy other than Al Qaeda and the Taliban? Was our own government or corporations involved? It may be a while before the truth is known, but someone knows and, as Smallstorm says, “Secrets cannot be kept forever.”