- Ben Affleck nailed Matt Murdock. Say what you want about him, but he really shone in this role. Forget Reindeer Games. Forget Pearl Harbor. (Please, can we?) He captures the essence of both the Matt Murdock and Daredevil personas with flair that I never would have expected of him.
- Jennifer Garner was good a Elektra. Some may say that she didn't get enough screen-time, but they did do the "Death of Elektra" sequence. That kinda made up for it. The romance between Elektra and Matt was never meant to be an easy one. She portrayed that thirst for vengeance role quite quite well and was fun to watch as she gave Matt hell despite his persistence.
- Michael Clarke Duncan's Kingpin was spot on. I wished that they had not pulled a Joker and had him be the killer of Matt's father, though. If it is that way in the comics, I was not aware of it. I really wished that they had saved the whole DD vs. Kingpin fight for another movie, but I kinda understood why they did it. I understand the Joker stunt, too. Regardless, he walks, talks, fights, and acts like the Wilson Fisk that we all know and hate.
- Colin Farrell was over-the-top as Bullseye, true. He did not steal the show from Matt and Elektra, though. He was outstanding in his scenes and there was just enough of him to make the movie fun. I always loved the inventiveness of that character and hated the costume. Both were addressed wonderfully both in the script and in his portrayal here. Some have commented that it was stupid of him to ask for a costume and then not get one. To this, I say...deal with it. He was smarting off about the red leather. If he had really wanted a costume, don't you think that he would have one?
- Jon Favreau was the perfect Foggy Nelson. Like Speaker, there isn't much to be said other than that. He nailed the pudgy smartass.