Today I went to go see two more movies. I was trying to get out of the house and give my wife some sanity time, so I took the kid to see
Clifford's Really Big Movie
and then we snuck into
Home on the Range
It seems to me that there is a formula for any movie that contains non-humans as the main characters. I was thinking about it a lot today and I have assembled the following schema.
1. Animal family lives stable life.
2. New rambunctious character enters situation.
3. Tragedy causes action to be taken.
4. Multiple characters leave "home" in order to resolve situation.
5. Characters enjoy incredibly dangerous yet exciting quest.
6. An argument causes characters to separate.
7. Characters individually contemplate situation during montage.
8. (Optional) Negative event occurs to one character thus causing the others to "appreciate" them.
9. The situation is resolved.
If you want to become a writer in this business follow the "Dave Liloia - Formula for Childrens Movie Success" and you'll be a winner!
By the way both movies were cute but lame.