Extras. This release has a nice selection of bonus material.
- Introduction. This is from mastermind producer Ted A. Bohus and he does a good job of getting you ready for the feature. (1:19)
- Commentary. This track features Ted A. Bohus and editor Marc Harwood. This is a fun and lively track that gives a lot of insight into the making of this super low budget feature. They are quite open about the problems they ran into as well as their love for the project.
- Alternate Opening. A different version of the first scene and opening credits. (4:43)
- Casting and Gags. Funny clips from shooing and casting sessions sourced from an old VHS tape. (34:57)
- Bloopers and Outtakes. Interesting clips from behind the scenes on the set that reveal how some of the stuff was done. (4:56)
- Local News Segments. This is a collection of news bits that came out around the making of the movie. (40:32)
- Take One. This is a cable access show that features an interview with editor Marc Harwood on the making of the movie by a rather annoying host. (24:58)
- Visit with the Deadly Spawn. This is a visit with effects guy John Dods on the making of the creature. (8:39)
- Theatrical Trailer and TV Spot.
- Comic Book Preview.
Bottomline. If you like low budget horror and you haven't seen this movie, you are in for a treat. It is delightfully demented, has ideas on display that seemingly inspired bigger movies to follow, features a nice homage to Night of the Living Dead, and closes with a crazy shot that just begs to be seen. Plus, this release has some nice extras on it.