Audio is the original mono track and is very good. It is not nearly as immersive as a 5.1 track can be, but it does a fine job of delivering dialogue and the odd collection of sound effects, not to mention the repeating theme heard all the way through. I cannot complain about it as it fits perfectly with the crazy images being displayed.
- A booklet is included in the case which contains information on the transfer and an interesting article on Nobuhiko Obayashi.
- Nobuhiko Obayashi's first short film, Emotion, is also included. It is a 40-minute experimental piece that I sampled and will need to go back to digest.
- Constructing a House features new interviews recorded in 2010 with Nobuhiko Obayashi and his daughter about the creation and development of the story and film.
- Filmmaker Ti West (House of the Devil) offers a brief video appreciation where he discusses his love for the film and all of the things the bizarre film has accomplished.
- Rounding out the extra material is the original film trailer.