What's on the Disc?
With a 1.85:1, 1080p/AVC-encoded transfer and a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround track, the audio and video on the disc is one of the most robust I’ve seen from a comedy. You won’t be blown away, but you’ll certainly agree that Funny People is one of the better looking/sounding films that doesn’t involve giant robots or time traveling spaceships.
This two-disc Blu-ray, not only looks and sounds nice, but also includes both the theatrical and unrated releases, bloated with special features on each disc. Listed here is about half of what awaits you on this massive Blu-ray.
• Audio Commentary (Disc 1) A very informative and personal commentary from Apatow, Rogen, and Sandler.
• Funny People Diaries (Disc 1, HD, 75 minutes) A four part documentary on the making of Funny People.
• Line-O-Rama Parts 1 & 2 (Disc 1, HD, 11 minutes) A series of alternate lines from the actors.
• Deleted Scenes (Disc 2, HD, 48 minutes) Seriously, 24 deleted scenes. Seriously.
• Extended & Alternate Scenes (Disc 2, HD, 66 minutes) Even more scenes. Seriously
• Music (Disc 2, HD, 50 minutes) Music, live performances/recordings of a few songs from the soundtrack.
• Stand Up (Disc 2, SD/HD, 63 minutes) Full stand up segments from each character from the film.
• The Films of George Simmons (Disc 2, HD, 7 minutes) A collection of clips from all of George Simmons’ films seen throughout Funny People.
• Prank Calls - 1990 (Disc 2, SD, 18 minutes) A much younger Sandler and Apatow collection of prank calls.
Overall Blu-ray Score: