Audio/Video. Considering how nonplussed I am with with the movie, it looks pretty darn good. The video is presented in its original 2.4:1 aspect ration. Colors are all nicely saturated and sharp. Plenty of detail is evident, also there was no evidence of edge enhancement or DNR to be found. There is some film grain, it looks like I am watching film and not something that has been scrubbed of any perceived "imperfection." This is all good news as a lot of this movie takes place in the daylight in Los Angeles, where detail and sharp colors are quite important.
Audio is presented in the form of a DTS-HD 5.1 lossless track, and there really is no other way to go with this. Considering the musical moments, which include an Aerosmith concert and a music video shoot, sound has to be good! The surrounds are used sparingly, but work nicely during the concert and to provide ambiance on LA streets. It's best use is during the opening assassination sequence with gunshots ringing out. Overall, this is a solid audio track accompanying nice transferred video.
- Be Cool, Very Cool. Standard making of featurette. Features interviews with all the principals as well as plenty of clips and a little behind the scenes footage.
- Deleted Scenes. Includes fourteen deleted or alternate scenes. Nothing special, but interesting to see what didn't make the cut.
- Gag Reel. Typical collection of flubbed lines and such. Gets boring after a few minutes.
- Music Video: The Rock as Elliot Wilhelm, "You Ain't Woman Enough to Take My Man"
- Close-up: Dance Partners. The dance reunion that no one really needed...
- Close-up: The Rock, Andre 3000, Cedric the Entertainer, Christina Milian. A series of profiles/interviews with supporting cast members.
- Theatrical Trailer.