WARNING: The free form ramblings continue, be prepared for run-ons, incomplete thoughts, and atrocious punctuations. This is what happens to a mind on TV, it's not pretty, but kind of fun.
Best show I watched this week: Bones
Worst show I watched this week: The War at Home
- The Simpsons (Fox 8pm). Meh, this series has been on a slide for a few years now. I don't even remember what this one was about.
- The War at Home (Fox 8:30). Daddy decides to get tough on the kids and threatens to spank them. His bluff gets called, he spanks one of his sons, he leaves home..... yadda yadda yadda, it was finally over. *
- Family Guy (Fox 9pm). Ha! This series is great. This week Lois finds out she has a brother, who is also insane. He starts killing fat people, and naturally targets Peter, who joined a fat group. Filled with some great non-sequiters. ***.5
- American Dad (Fox 9:30). Due to football overrun and everything getting pushed back, I only saw half of this episode. Steve becomes a writer, and Stan takes his support to the extremes. All while Roger thinks about his new fame as Steve's subject.
- Desperate Housewives (ABC 9pm). Carlos' return homes brings something unexpected, a nun. Bree is stalked by George, who isn't taking breakup well. Lynette uncovers a damaging secret at work. ***
- Grey's Anatomy (ABC 10pm). Meredith has a one night stand, who winds up at the hospital the next day with an embarrassing condition. Upstairs Izzie has to deal with a woman waiting for the birth of her quints. ***
- Crossing Jordan (NBC 10pm). There seems to be a copycat killer on the loose. The imprisoned killer is approached for help, but only on her terms. Of course, she is orchestrating everything from the inside. Her downfall is her affection for Jordan. ***
- WWE: Monday Night Raw (USA 9pm). ***
- Surface (NBC 8pm). Nimrod returns as Miles is getting sick. The submersible rises, and they are left floating, then sinking in the ocean, as a shark circles. **.5
- Las Vegas (NBC 9pm). The follow up to Monica getting blown off the Monticito. Danny is a suspect, but Ed returns to give him a hand. Dean Cain comes in and buys the Monticito, while Ed deals with Monica's ashes. ***
- Prison Break (Fox 9pm). They are the closest they have ever been to escape. The problem is that Linc is in solitary after attacking a guard, and Michael doesn't want to leave without him.
- Bones (Fox 8pm). This was a great episode, it has a nice balance of character development and plot. A guy from Bones' past shows up, turns out he is opposing counsel on an important case. We get insight into why Bones is so cold, very good stuff. ***.5
- House (Fox 9pm). This week is told in flashback as Chase is up for disciplinary action. Interesting episode, it steps away from the usual formula they follow. ***
- WWE: Smackdown Special (UPN 9pm). ***
- That 70's Show (Fox 8pm). Donna takes some "pictures" for Eric, but they end up getting to everybody but Eric. ***
- Stacked (Fox 8:30). Carmen Electra guest stars as Pam's competitive friends, she ends p sleeping with one of the guys to get back at Pam. Stupid fun. ***
- Lost (ABC 9pm). Back to the main cast. Michael gets initiated in the ways of the hatch. Sawyer admits his feelings for Kate, Kate has feelings for Jack. We learn why Kate was arrested, murder was the case after torching her stepfather. Good episode. ***
- Invasion (ABC 10pm). We learn more in this episode than in any other. A cop who lost an arm is dragged into the waters by a glowing creature, then returns with both arms. We learn that these creatures have been here for years, and not everyone is who they seem to be. My biggest problem, I cannot remember all the characters names. ***
- Veronica Mars (UPN 9pm). Veronica searches for information about who her mother was in high school, but ends up getting played by the vice principal. Apparently there was a pregnant woman in her mother's class whose baby was left in a bathroom, the girl was adopted by the Echolls, and just found out. Veronica learns that her mother was a good friend in school. ***.5
- South Park (Comedy Central 10pm). The kids visit a sea park and Kyle starts talking to a whale, who says he is from the moon. It's actually the park workers pulling a prank. The gang kidnaps the whale and shops around for a way to get him to the moon. Not one of the better eps, but still funny. ***
- Reunion (Fox 9pm). The mix of mystery and soap continues. We know who was killed, now we have to start working towards the whodunit. It's Thanksgiving, 1992, all the gang is together. Outside a man waits for Malloy with murderous intent. Secrets come out in the group that change leave Malloy alone. **.5
- ER (NBC 10pm). Gallant is back in town and he springs a proposal on Neela who accepts, so they are rushing to get all in order to marry that day. Abbey has to put Clemente and Kovac in their place to deal with her patients, as they duel for ER Chief. Overall, pretty good episode. ***
- WWE: Friday Night Smackdown (UPN 8pm). ***
- TNA: Wrestling Impact (Spike 11pm). The debut of Raven on Impact, getting beat down in a House of Fun match. Also had a very good 4 way X Division match with Petey Williams, Austin Aries, Chris Sabin, and Alex Shelley. ***
To be dropped from the "To Watch" list: