Leave it to one of the premier musical conglomerates to realize that iPhone apps can be used within the music realm.
Moving past Guitar Hero like a speeding bullet, Universal Music Group recently released version 1.0.1 of an iPhone app called Six-String which gives you a variety of songs you can download and then "play" guitar along with the song. This app is fun, so easy, and oh-so-addictive.
Here is a video demo!
Six-String is a way cool music game with the feel and appearance of a real guitar music sheet; it could almost substitute for or assist in music lessons. Rather than playing a fake guitar a la Guitar Hero, Six String provides a more authentic guitar playing experience. One of the best parts happens to be that you are playing along with your favorite songs which are authentic, studio mastered recordings — not dummied down versions. In using this app, you will be plucking, strumming, and changing chords as required by the song. This is such a musical and dexterity challenge that wrapping your brain and your fingers around it will be so engrossing that you might be ignoring phone calls. No music experience required, now you — or anyone else — can learn to play the guitar to popular songs.
Six-String offers a new dynamic presentation in rhythm-based games. Looking at it last night, I found it to be a much more authentic, realistic guitar playing game than anything out there on the market. Want to test your skills and see if you have what it takes to shred up your favorite songs? Download Six-String now and show off your chops to your friends — but practice first before you do!
COMPLETE TRACK LISTING
- Bon Jovi – "You Give Love A Bad Name"
- Fall Out Boy – "Thnks Fr Th Mmrs"
- Orianthi – "According To You"
- Peter Frampton – "Show Me The Way"
- Scorpions – "Raised On Rock"
- Tom Petty – "Running Down A Dream"
Tracks Available for Download:
- 3 Doors Down – "Kryptonite"
- Alter Bridge – "Come to Life"
- Angels & Airwaves – "It Hurts"
- Beck – "E-Pro"
- Big Country – "In A Big Country"
- Bon Jovi – "Living on a Prayer "
- Damone – "Out Here All Night "
- Dashboard Confessional – "Hands Down"
- G.B.H. – "City Baby Attacked By Rats "
- Gary Go – "Wonderful"
- Hinder – "Use Me"
- Hollywood Undead – "Young"
- Kaiser Chiefs – "I Predict a Riot "
- Maroon 5 – "This Love "
- No Doubt – "Just a Girl"
- Papa Roach – "Last Resort"
- Paper Tongues – "Trinity"
- Peter Frampton – "Do You Feel Like We Do"
- Rise Against – "Prayer of the Refugee"
- Robert Palmer – "Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor"
- Sum 41 – "In Too Deep"
- Violent Soho – "Jesus Stole My Girlfriend"
- Wolfmother – "Dimension"
- Godsmack – "I Stand Alone"
- Juanes – "Me Enamora"
- Juanes – "La Camisa Negra"
- Marilyn Manson – "The Beautiful People"
- No Doubt – "Platinum Blonde Life"
Almost makes me wish I had an iPhone. Hopefully this app will evolve to other smartphones with touch screens as well, like the HTC Touch and Google Droid platforms. Six-String works on the iPod Touch and iPad as well. The iTunes Store retails the app for $4.99 — pricey but affordable when compared to a game like Guitar Hero which would be the most obvious competitor.Powered by Sidelines