Grammy-winners Train have reunited their original lineup and have released the first single, "Hey, Soul Sister" from their upcoming album through iTunes. Save Me, San Francisco is Train's fifth album and is due in stores October 27.
Train formed in the San Francisco Bay area and Save Me, San Francisco is the first album since 2003 to feature the original lineup.
“I think taking time away from each other really made the heart grow fonder,” said lead singer Pat Monahan. “We realized how important we were to one another and taking a few years off helped us all really look at ourselves and what we could contribute to this band.”
Save Me, San Francisco is the band's first album in three years, following up For Me, It's You. Monahan took a break from the group to record a solo album in 2007, Last Of Seven. A complete tracklisting for SM, SF has not yet been announced, but the disc was recorded in London with producer Martin Terefe. Terefe has previously collaborated with Jason Mraz, KT Tunstall, James Morrison.
The band will announce a fall headlining tour in support of the new album. In the meantime, you can catch Train at any of these already announced dates.
- 8/08/09 – Arlington, WA, Festival Of The Rivers
- 9/06/09 – Naperville, IL, Naperville Last Fling
- 9/18/09 – Temecula, CA, Pechanga Resort & Casino
- 9/19/09 – Newport Beach, CA, Taste Of Newport
- 9/26/09 – Sacramento, CA, Discovery Park
- 9/27/09 – San Francisco, CA, Golden Gate Park
- 10/03/09 – Mobile, AL, Bayfest
- 10/17/09 – Las Vegas, NV, Bite Of Las Vegas