The casual games industry has now gone very far from where it used to be 20 years ago. Luckily, it keeps in pace with the fast-growing computer technologies. But now, in the beginning of the 21st century, haven't you ever wanted to just stop and bring back the happy and naive 80s – when people used to enjoy simple games on a huge arcade machines?
So, today we offer you our top five casual games that will make you feel nostalgic for this magical time. Here's a trick about the games presented to you below – though they bear the taste of the crazy disco time, they were developed in the 21st century and most of them were released this year.
1. Arcadia REMIX. This is a terrific game by gameLab. It took the first place in our chart since it makes your childhood dreams come true and offers you to play several arcade machines at the same time. Classical Sea Battle, Alien Shooter and many more popular games of 80s are packed in one. The best part? All of these games are free!
2. Platypus. The all-time classic, in fact it is a modern remake of the shooter originally developed in the 80s. You’ve got to pilot your vehicle, shoot out the enemy’s flying objects, and avoid enemy rockets and canons. The game looks cute as it features retro graphics and music that was refreshed due to the cool modern animation and colorful palette.
3. Bubble Shooter Deluxe 1.6. This is a Bust-a-Move game that drove everybody crazy 25 years ago. But in fact it was developed not earlier than 2000, when game developers from Absolutist took the concept of Bust-a-Move and created an addictive and simple casual game that makes thousands of people kill time with bubble popping. Place three bubbles side-by-side to remove them from the playing field.
The latest, and improved, version of the game (Bubble Shooter Premium Edition) is also available, we recommend that you download both. Then, you'll see how far the game has come in the last few years.
4. Alice Greenfingers. Though this is the latest work by Arcade Lab, its naive graphics gives the retro look and feel to this game. In terms of game play, it is very similar to the rest of up-to-date casual simulator games. But its simple graphics, and the nice character will bring you back to 80s.
5. Downbeat 80s. Last, but not least, Downbeat 80s is one more retro-tasting game that was developed by gameLab and released this year. In Downbeat, the point is to join the musical beats of 80s to keep crazy disco dancers happy, and earn some 80s memorabilia like checkered sneakers, Rubik’s Cubes and more.
Happy plunging into nostalgia!Powered by Sidelines