The last thing you want to do during the summer is spend time in the kitchen. These easy salads look and taste great. They take no time to prepare, and can be prepared in advance so you get to enjoy the party too!
1. Tuna Pasta – Cook and cool pasta (e.g. Penne), mix in tuna, sliced hard-boiled eggs, spring onion and a generous dollop of mayonnaise.
2. Mediterranean Pasta – Cook and cool pasta (e.g. Penne), mix in black olives, cubes of avocado, tomatoes and spring onion, drizzle with Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar.
3. Potato Salad – Cook and cool salad potatoes, mix in generous dollop of mayonnaise, and a dash of lemon juice; sprinkle with paprika and chopped fresh parsley or chives.
4. Roquet, Butternut and Feta – Roast small cubes of butternut and cool, place butternut and feta cube across roquet leaves, tastes great with Balsamic Vinegar dressing.
5. Rice Salad – Cooled Basmati rice and add diced red and green peppers, spring onion, cucumber, the juice of three lemons; sprinkle with fresh parsley.
6. Greek Salad – Cos lettuce, chopped cucumber, tomato and spring onion; mix with black olives and feta cheese. Best with White Wine Vinegar and Olive Oil dressing.
7. Tzatziki - Take 200ml Greek yoghurt and mix in crushed garlic, pinch caster sugar, pinch paprika, salt and pepper and finely chopped fresh mint. Pour over finely chopped or grated cucumber.
8. Persian Salad - Finely chopped tomato, cucumber, onions and Cos lettuce; best with crushed garlic, lemon juice and olive oil dressing.
9. Mixed Bean – Can each of kidney beans, black-eyed beans and chick peas plus; diced peppers and red onion; drizzle with White Wine Vinegar, olive oil and pinch of mixed herbs.
10. Mozzarella and Tomato – Slice large vine ripe tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella, layer alternately across flat dish. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar, ground pepper and chopped fresh Basil.
Quantities will depend on the number of people you are serving, 500g of pasta or rice will generally serve a party of eight.Powered by Sidelines