Listen to this playlist in full via Rhapsody by clicking here.
Cynthia Plaster Caster (real name Cynthia Albritton) is one of the few rock & roll groupies in history to capitalize on her sexual escapades with rock stars.
Her idea was simple, but brilliant. Get rock stars (or other celebrity types) to stick their fluffed peni into a waiting bucket filled with alginates. From this mold a perfect reproduction of the member could be manufactured for all the world to enjoy. In 2000, she also started casting women.
Cynthia has been successful in capturing the manhood (or womanhood) of many rock legends including Jimi Hendrix, Jello Biafra, Peaches and members of MC5, Young Rascals, The Mothers of Invention, The Muffs, Pop Will Eat Itself, and many others.
This playlist includes songs by artists (or band members) who have been cast by Cynthia. However, the first track in this playlist is by a group that has never had a member cast. Although the members of the rock band Kiss never let Cynthia preserve their love guns for antiquity, they did pen an ode to Ms. Plaster Caster and her work with the track “Plaster Caster” off of their 1977 release Love Gun.
The very first cast was that of the legendary Jimi Hendrix.
Cynthia got a chance to meet Jimi at a show in Chicago and she asked if he would be interested. His answer? ”Yeah!”. So, she got ready with her dental mold material while Cynthia's “assistant”, Dianne P. Caster, paid lip service on Jimi in order to achieve the solid state needed for a good casting. The end result was one of the most famous (and largest) castings of Cynthia’s career.
If you're not lucky enough to see the collection at a museum near you, check out the documentary, view the complete list of castees, and take this playlist for a spin. You’ll never hear these songs in the same light again.
1. Plaster Caster – KISS
2. Foxey Lady – Jimi Hendrix
3. Kick Out The Jams – MC5
4. I’m Satisfied With My Gal – Jim Kweskin & The Jug Band
5. Once In A Lifetime – Anthony Newley
6. Good Lovin’ – The Rascals
7. Dean – Terry Reid
8. Louisiana Blues – Savoy Brown
9. Hold Your Head Up – Argent
10. You’re A Big Boy Now – The Lovin’ Spoonful
11. Wheel In The Sky – Journey
12. Good Vibrations – The Beach Boys
13. Space Rape – Gaye Bykers on Acid
14. I Have Been To Heaven And Back – The Mekons
15. Crackin’ Up – Revolting Cocks
16. Can U Dig It? – Pop Will Eat Itself
17. I’m Ready – Triple Fast Action
18. Holiday In Cambodia – Dead Kennedys
19. Bitch (Extraordinary Skipping Glitch Mix) – Pigface
20. Everywhere I Go – The Muffs
21. Rise – Public Image Ltd.
22. Fast One – Demolition Doll Rods
23. Nub – The Jesus Lizard
24. We’re Taking Over the World – Bobby Conn
25. Want Me – Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti
26. See See Rider – Eric Burdon & The Animals
27. Make That Move – The Rockats
28. Orgasm Addict – Buzzcocks
29. Shitlist – L7
30. Jenny Ondioline – Stereolab
31. Kick It – Peaches
32. Maps – Yeah Yeah Yeahs