How often have you told a caller or someone you ran into, “I was just thinking about you!” Do you ever know who is on the phone before you answer it without looking at Caller ID? Do you often guess what someone is going to say next? Do you invariably wake up two minutes before the alarm goes off? Do your hunches ever come true?
Everyone has some psychic tendencies. We are all born with psychic abilities, but society conditions us to hide them. Our rational, logical left brain is encouraged at the expense of the intuitive right brain. Still, be assured there is nothing weird or strange about psychic abilities, and they can be yours again if you are willing to work for them.
Being psychic is about personal and spiritual growth. As you travel to new spiritual realms, you will learn about your life’s purpose, be in contact with your higher self, and be guided by your soul, not your lower self or ego. Put your faith and trust in your Higher Power’s hands, the Collective Mind or the Universe, and trust that they will lead you to use your gifts wisely and well.
Here are 10 ways to improve your psychic abilities:
- Meditate. The form of meditation is not as important as the discipline of doing it on a regular basis. People who establish a regular meditation time in their lives say they gain a sense of wanting to improve their attitudes towards life. The joining of the subconscious spiritual mind with the conscious mind will definitely change your life in a short period of time. Start with 15-minute sessions and work your way to longer sessions.
- Relax/slow down. It is crucial that you learn to slow down your mind if you are to develop psychic skills. The normal state of consciousness goes too quickly for any type of psychic connection. The awake-state brain wave frequency is about 14 to 20 cycles per minute. Psychic activity can occur when brain waves are 7 to 14 cycles per minute or in the alpha frequency. Learn to stop throughout the day and slow down.
- Notice or be aware. Once we begin to fully realize how much more we are than just our physical bodies, we start noticing things in our world and expanding our awareness. Attention must be paid to the information received by your mind, body, and emotions. Everything in the universe is connected. Think of Carl Jung’s theory of synchronicity and begin paying closer attention to the “coincidences” in your life.
- Imagine. The faculty of imagination enables you to rehearse before you make a move. Unsolvable problems are solved using the gifts of the imagination. Learn to fully fantasize, to daydream. Regain a childlike joy in creativity. Teach yourself to visualize carefully down to the smallest detail. Place an object in front of you and observe it carefully—its features, blemishes, light and shadows. Then close your eyes. Can you still see it? Does it look the same or are there differences? Keep practicing until the two images are exactly alike. The more developed your imagination, the more psychic you will be. Remember to stay as playful as a child. Try picking up energy patterns you would otherwise miss by using only your peripheral vision for a while.
- Listen. Stop at certain periods during the day and join in the stillness. Slow yourself down and just listen. Information can’t come to you when you are speeding around, jumping from one activity to another in a noisy environment. Learn to listen to your breathing, to nature’s soft, gentle sounds, and to what is happening in that very moment.
- Keep a journal. Your dreams may become more vivid once you are paying attention. Keep a notebook by your bed and capture the dreams before they drift off. Symbols may repeat themselves and become important. Every dreamer has their own code of symbols, according to Jung, and you gradually learn the language. Use the journal to write down other impressions that come to you in other ways. Write down the things you are noticing and learning. Pay special attention to new insights.
- Practice. Psychic powers are a skill, like learning to play the piano is a skill. Learning them requires discipline and practice. See if you can determine who is on the phone before you answer it. Let your intuition tell you who is knocking at the door before you ask. Try predicting what will come in the day’s mail. When you are empathizing with a friend, repeat back to her what it is you think she is feeling and see if you are right. In the morning clear your mind, and use your intuition to tell you what people you will have interactions with that day. Try to let faces come to you naturally.
- Take a psychic online course or a workshop or seminar. There are many of these advertised on the Internet. Having access to people with experience using psychic abilities who can answer your questions and direct and guide you is a huge benefit to your personal education. There are also free online psychic groups and forums for people who are interested in learning more and communicating with other interested, knowledgeable people.
- Try your hand at some psychic skills tests and get some more practice. There are many websites that offer ESP testing, and what are called remote viewing tests where you imagine a photograph before you are shown it.
- Discover your spirit guides and make psychic contact with them. Everyone has guides just waiting to help them. Some say they are souls we knew in a previous life. Others say they are deceased souls we knew in this life. They will answer questions, give you information, and show you the way. Begin by attempting to get in touch with them during meditation. Try letting them respond to your questions in your journal through automatic writing. There are many books you can read on this subject that will enlighten you on your way. Just remember to stay positive and keep an open mind.