This series provides tips ranging from the very basic to just slightly less basic and will be broken down into the following:
- Part 1: Password protect your wireless router
- Part 2: Hide your router from the Available Wireless Networks menu
- Part 3: Encrypt your wireless signal
Let's get on with the final part in our three part chapter.
Question: How can I secure my wireless signal to ensure no one can snoop or listen in on my digital information?
Answer: Follow these simple steps and you'll be another step closer to locking down your router.
- Open your router's configuration web page. The URL for this varies across router vendors, so if the first one doesn't work, try the others or look up this information in your router's manual (if none of these work, feel free to post a comment and I will try to help as best I can).
- Usernames: admin, root, or leave blank
- Passwords: admin or leave blank
DISCLAIMER: The author in no way takes responsibility for damage done to your router. If for some reason your router ceases to stop working, find the Reset button on the router and push it in with a pin for 10 seconds. That should reset your router to its factory settings.Powered by Sidelines