1 ½ cups very thick yogurt
2 – 3 tbsp honey (to taste)
¾ cup sliced strawberries
¾ cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line the bottom of two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans (9 inch will make a thinner layer) with parchment paper and grease the sides of the pans.
3. Sift almond flour into a large bowl.
4. Stir in salt and baking soda.
5. In a medium bowl combine lemon juice, honey, eggs, vanilla, and butter.
6. Beat until smooth.
7. Stir the wet ingredients into the almond flour mixture and stir until well combined.
8. Pour batter in even amounts into the cake pans.
9. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
10. Allow cake to cool in pans for 10 – 15 minutes before removing.
11. Cool cakes on wire racks until completely cool.
12. Move one cake layer to a plate.
13. Mix yogurt with the honey.
14. Spread half of the honey over one layer of cake.
15. Top with half of the fruit.
16. Place the second cake layer over the top of the fruit.
17. Top with the rest of the yogurt and fruit.