- 2.5 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes
- Neutral vegetable oil, enough to fill a large deep pan about 3 inches.
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large deep pan over medium high-heat until it reads 300 F in a thermometer. Meanwhile, cut potatoes into sticks of about ¼ inch thickness (could be thinner or wider depending on the type of fry you want).
- Place fries in oil, working in batches, and adjust heat to keep oil around 300 F. Cook fries for about 10 minutes or until they begin to acquire color. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Once all fries are drained, bring the oil to 350 F and place fries inside again. Working in batches, cook fries for about 3 minutes or until they are golden and crispy. Remove fries from oil and drain again.
- Toss fries in truffle oil, salt, and pepper.
Page 1 — Page 2