Welcome to "O Caption! My Caption!" Blogcritics' examination of news, sports, and politics by utilizing the most efficient and time-saving method: looking at pretty pictures and deducing what happened based on the pixels.
The Masters captivated a nation, provided that nation was Argentina. The new Yankee Stadium opened with the Cleveland Indians already mathematically eliminated from the World Series. And the NHL playoffs finally began, with the Detroit Red Wings looking to win a championship before their second line gets laid off. Let's take a closer gander.
(1) Chris Osgood led the Red Wings to a 4-1 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets in Game One of the NHL playoffs. His only mistake was allowing RJ Umberger to throw teammate Jakub Voracek over Osgood's shoulder, lighting the lamp.
(2) In the Lilliputian Olympics, Yankees outfielder Xavier Nady took gold in the Rubber Band Fling. All he needs is a third place finish in the Paper Football Flick to win the Microathlon.
(3) Even though Wimbledon isn't for months, miniature artisans begin to craft tennis rackets that will be used by Marat Safin, for the sole purpose of smashing them between sets.
(4) On Opening Day at the new Yankee Stadium, stadium vendors deliver a between-inning snack for CC Sabathia.
(5) After staying up all night playing Guitar Hero II, NASCAR Nationwide Series rookie Joey Logano celebrates finishing "Free Bird" on Expert with a 93 percent rating.
(6) An impatient Angel Cabrera couldn't wait for Kenny Perry to take his putt during the final round of The Masters and made a miraculous save out of the trees on the 18th hole for par.
(7) The Tampa Bay Rays, in a stunning early season move, traded for pitcher Jamie Moyer.
What do YOU think happened this week in sports? Provide your own captions in the comments below and we'll feature some of the best captions, provided they exist.
(Photo credits: Reuters, Getty Images)