But it's moot what his position will be. Konz will succeed. Hell, I'll even go out on a limb and predict a Pro Bowl for him. Multiple Pro Bowls, even.
Why? Let's look at other football players from Kent State:
• Chargers TE Antonio Gates (undrafted, six Pro Bowls)
• Steelers LB James Harrison (undrafted, three Pro Bowls)
• Browns WR/KR Josh Cribbs (undrafted, two Pro Bowls)
Gates played basketball, Harrison needed many years to become dominant, and Cribbs was a quarterback. (Ex-Kent State quarterback Julian Edelman is also a wide receiver for the Patriots). The common theme is that Golden Flashes are multifaceted athletes who, once coaches decide where to line them up, always succeed. The Seahawks noticed this. They might've gotten the steal of the draft.
And after Mr. Irrelevant was crowned, the undrafted free agents began finding teams. Here's where they all went so far (thanks to NFL News & Rumors for the extensive-looking list)
• WR Freddie Barnes, Bears (Between him and LeFevour, I may need to switch my allegiance to the Bears if they both make the team.)
• QB Tyler Sheehan, Texans
• WR Naaman Roosevelt, Bills (He's never gonna escape that town.)
• S Mike Newton, Indianapolis Colts
• DE Frank Zombo, Packers (The infinite is attainable!)
• WR Bryan Anderson, Patriots
• TE Vernon Sims, Bears
OT David Tyler, Cardinals
S Dominique Harris, Bills
DT Andre Neblett, Panthers
OT Steve Maneri, Texans
WR Stephen Williams, Cardinals
S Barry Church, Cowboys
QB Tim Hiller, Colts (I'll go out on a limb and say he won't compete for the starting job.)
CB Thad Turner, Colts (updated April 26)
Akron, Ball State, Eastern Michigan, Miami University
None, but thanks for trying!