Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0 is the latest release of the consumer-based video editing program from Adobe. It is a scaled down version of their professional level package Premiere Pro and it can be purchased as a bundle with Adobe Photoshop Elements for a significant savings.
Like Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements is a lot easier to work with and a lot more manageable than its big brother Premier Pro and while it has fewer features than Pro, the features it does have are more geared toward and will better serve the general consumer.
• 2 GHz or faster Processor with SSE2 support.
• 3 GHz processor for HDV or Blu-ray.
• Dual-core processor for AVCHD.
• Windows XP with SP2 or SP3, Windows Media Center, Vista, or Windows 7
• 1 GB Ram (2 GB for HD editing)
• 4.5 GB hard drive space
• Color monitor with 16-bit color video card
• 1024 x 768 monitor resolution at 96 DPI
• DirectX 9 compatible display driver
• DVD-ROM drive (or other compatible drives for Blu-ray, etc.)
• Internet Explorer 6-8 or Firefox 1.5-3.x.
So what is new with this version of Adobe Premiere Elements?
• Automatic Syncing lets you maintain the same video clips and photos across multiple computers. Media added or edited on one computer will be available and synched to all of the other computers that are running the organizer.
• Full screen previews will give you the big picture as well as the full effect of your video clips and photos from within the Organizer. Now you can see your movies in full view giving you a clearer version of the action.
• SmartFix gives you the ability to fix imperfections much more quickly. SmartFix automatically remedies shaky footage and color as well as lighting problems giving your clips the best look possible.
• Smart Trim will automatically cut bad footage, or it can recommend the cuts and then let you make the final decision. This gives you the ability to choose what to get rid of from your least interesting or low quality footage so as to enhance your scenes or trim to a needed duration.
• SmartMix balances the audio elements of your video to give you more professional sound quality. You can also add music and sound effect without overpowering your dialog or background.
• Motion tracking graphics will give you the ability to add thought bubbles, goofy hats, or anything else that you need to enhance your scenes. You can use this new feature to add graphics, text, and effects that automatically move with the subjects in your scene.
• New Artwork library gives you an all new ability to add additional sparkle to your scenes that includes fun frames, objects, and animations.
• Movie Magic can be added with a bit of video pop exactly where you want it. You can now add motion blur, cartoon effects, and even apply a video effect to a specific scene and keep it locked on the action with motion tracking.
• Windows 7 support gives you 100% compatibility and is logo certified, letting you take full advantage of this new platform.
What is improved with this version of Adobe Photoshop Elements?
• Media management has become much more powerful by bringing all of your video clips and photos together in a much more full-featured organizer that makes it easier to find, view, and backup your media with online backup and 2GB of free storage.
• Auto-Analyzer uses a patent-pending intelligent content analysis process to power this automation so you can easily find your most interesting, highest quality footage and photos. This new technology automatically analyzes your media on import and applies quality and interest tags that are called Smart Tags, saving you time when you are trying to the media you need.
• Instant Movie uses creative techniques from Hollywood directors, to automatically edit your best clips together with coordinated music, titles, effects, and transitions from your choice of movie theme. New customization options enable you to get just the results you envision. All-new themes are included as well.