For some it’s simple, and for others it can take years. Here are the steps. If you’re already a blogger then you’ve done some of these.
What to do:
1. Buy domain and hosting.
2. Set up WordPress. My favorite.
3. Make sure your blog is tailored to a specific subject.
4. Submit your blog sitemap to Google.
5. Signup for Google Adsense, Text Link Ads, and ValueClickMedia. Pretend you’re accepted by all three.
6. Build relationships around the blogosphere.
7. Post no less than 10 articles a day.
8. Get them Dugg by Digg users. Reddit also brings in temporary traffic.
9. Continue to write/post about interesting topics. Nothing boring.
10. Start back at number 1, but make your new blog about a different subject like cars, phones, etc. Link your first and second page. Repeat process. HOPEFULLY YOU ARE A SUCCESS.
1. Don’t buy traffic. Most companies promise it but they don’t guarantee that the same traffic will come back.
2. Diversify your advertising model with CPM, CPA, CPC campaigns to maximize your revenue.
3. Link with websites that have the same content as yours.
4. Be patient, it’s not going to happen overnight.
5. Email your blog to your friends.
6. Don’t spam your blog in forums, this will only get you into trouble.
7. If you’re averaging 1000 unique hits a day, consider this a success. Just try to at least keep 1000 and above.
8. If you have 1000 unique hits, it’s time to create another blog about another subject. Remember to link them.
9. Join blog networks and communities. These are good ways to get your name out there.
10. Try and befriend webmasters with an Alexa ranking of 1,000,000 and below. The lower the better. Suggest a link exchange after you’ve known them for a week or two. As a thanks write a article about their site (tip from John Chow).
Oh, 11. Have a backup plan, like a real job before you devote 8 hours a day to blogging, thinking you’re going to get rich quick.
I haven’t mastered all of these but I’m trying and that’s what counts.Powered by Sidelines