Gavin Siem's Silver Shadows 2 is a series of black and white processing presets for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. It will work with Lightroom versions 1, 2, and 3 on either Mac or Windows platforms. It was made with the intent of being the most refined and complete collection of black and white presets available for Lightroom.
With over 100 organized silver tools that you can mix and match, customize and tweak giving you precise control of tones, shadows, highlights and tonality over your black and white workflow. Silver Shadows 2 has been re-done and expanded to take advantage of the latest features of Lightroom and create an essential black and white toolkit.
Four years in the making, this package is categorized into style-based categories.
• Utilities (10 presets) are a set of basic tools for refining your black and white images that includes grain tools (these only work with Lightroom 3), vignettes, as well as a quick reset button.
• Silver Classics (15 presets) are a set of everyday power presets that present a "quick start" selection that cover a wide variety of images types.
• Channel Silver (18 presets) are presets that leave non-channel setting entirely alone and mixes well with previously applied effects.
• Dynamics Silver (14 presets) presets tweak the tonalities and dynamic ranges of an image in various ways. Ranging between bold and subtle, these presets give you control in situations where the light and dynamic range need greater refinement.
• Gentle Silver (14 presets) are less obvious in their effect, but are useful when the contrasts, light, and black levels need a more gentle touch.
• Hard Silver (14 presets) are for when you want a more dramatic effect, bold contrasts, intense channel mixes, and infrared-like effects.
• Silver Tones (23 presets) are color tints for black and white. Some convert to black and white, but most are new independent tone effects. These will not convert an image to black and white, but are meant to be added to give a color hue. You apply any conversion preset, and then add the tone you want to that effect. They can also be used on color for gentle toning.