KOMPLETE 8 is a bundled package of instruments and effects for modern digital music creation, composition, production, and sound design. There are three different versions of KOMPLETE 8 – KOMPLETE 8 ULTIMATE, KOMPLETE 8, and KOMPLETE ELEMENTS. Each one contains a variety of instruments and effects that provide value for your musical creation. Because there is so much contained within the package, this review will look at KOMPLETE 8 only and will be broken down into 3 parts.
I will look at the GUITAR RIG 5 PRO as well as the Guitar, Drums & Percussion, and the remaining Studio Effects that work with GUITAR RIG 5 PRO. GUITAR RIG 5 PRO is a software effects processor that is designed to work with electric guitar and bass. It uses amplifier modeling to allow real-time digital signal processing in both standalone and DAW environments.
GUITAR RIG 5 PRO and Guitar and Basses
GUITAR RIG 5 PRO is a software solution that will provide you with custom tone and more amps, effects, and creative control than ever before. This latest version comes with 17 guitar and bass amplifiers modeled to the standards of their real-life counterparts.
If you want to get the tone right, it requires a combination of the amplifier, microphone, and cabinet and so with GUITAR RIG 5 PRO every amp has its own matched cabinet as well as additional options providing a total of 27 cabinet models to choose from. It also has nine legendary microphones to choose from with flexible mic positioning. There are also four rotary speaker simulations giving you the ability to make your sound as simple or detailed as you choose it to be.
There are also 54 effects which are emulations of stomp boxes, effects from foot pedals, and complex studio tools. You can use these effects on just about anything from vocals to drums, synths to organs, or even on the master channel at mix time. You also have tools on hand to help give you the perfect tone.
So what is new in GUITAR RIG 5 PRO?
• Two new amplifiers have been added. First the Van 51 which provides a signature sound from hard rock to crunch. This is great for drop tunings and palm-muted chugs. It can also that can provide some classic Van Halen sounds similar to the Peavey 5150 amplifier. The Hot Solo+ sounds much like a classic hand-wired amplifier with a responsive, over-driven tone and will provide what you need when you want heaving sounding solos. This one looks like it was based on a Soldano amp.
• There are six new effects that include Fast Comp which is a warm, vintage compressor, Vintage Verb that has eight different classic plate and spring reverbs, Little Reflektor a convolution reverb, Stereo Tune which spreads and detunes the stereo image for a fatter sound and de-tuned effects, Filterbank which is an 8-band filter for providing expressive effects, and Resochord a six-pole harmonizer that turns notes into chords.
• A new custom multi-effects Container that gives you the ability to create and store multi-effects and channel strips. You can assemble your processing chain and take control of your sounds.
• Control Room Pro extends the mix options in the Control Room now giving you eight custom setups at once. You can choose up to 27 cabinets, 16 microphones, and 3 microphone positions.
• Over 130 new presets that include an array of warm, absolutely realistic clean sounds, a number of searing distortion presets and ready-to-use multi FX.
• New added side-chain inputs to a number of compressors and modifier modules, making it easy to incorporate this technique into your effects chains.