• TRANSIENT MASTER is a musical and versatile tool for re-shaping any kind of percussive sound. Make a sound hit harder, or shorten the resonance tail of a sound that rings too long. Bring instruments to the front of the mix or smooth out spikiness.
• TAPE SATURATOR which simulates the natural, harmonic compression of analog tape and adds warmth to your sound. Pushed a little harder, it delivers a smooth, organic overdrive.
• 37 NEW FILTERS that can enhance your creative sound design. These were developed by the creative mastermind of MASSIVE and the range covers the whole spectrum from classic state variable low-pass filters to avant-garde formant filters, and nine of the new additions employ groundbreaking adaptive resonance technology.
• VINTAGE SAMPLING MODES that come straight from the MPC school of beatmaking. These re-create the unique sound and feel of the MPC60 and the SP1200, and are very authentic. The algorithms used come from MASCHINE.
• ADVANCED TIMESTRETCHING with the new Time Machine Pro algorithm, providing super-high-quality time-stretching — particularly suited to melodic and tonal material. Use Time Machine Pro for complete audio fidelity and imperceptible tempo-changes with all harmonic content intact.
• 16 CHANNEL BUS SYSTEM introduces comprehensive routing options with integrated insert and send effects. This is a powerful tool for creating detailed effects chains within an instrument. For example, when building a drum kit, you might want to use completely different effects on the kick, toms and snare, while still sending the whole kit to a stereo master channel.
• MIDI FILE SUPPORT which is useful for creating instruments that can play patterns, loops and grooves as opposed to single notes. This is used in STUDIO DRUMMER’s groove library, which provides over 3,500 exclusive beats and fills as production-ready MIDI patterns.
With the last two items more geared toward instrument makers, the real benefit of the upgrade to KONTAKT 5 is a combination the all the new filters and effects and especially the time-stretching ability of the Time Machine Pro that gives you the ability to take a sample and slow it down or speed it up without losing any of its tonality.