DatabaseSpy is a multi-database query and design tool. It is able to connect to all major databases and as well is meant to ease SQL editing and database structure design for a fraction of the cost of single-database solutions. Its goal is to simplify querying, managing, visualizing, designing, and constructing relational databases.
So just what is DatabaseSpy? It is a graphical database management interface that gives you features like table browsing, data editing, SQL auto-completion (SQL IntelliSense), visual table design, and multiple export formats as well as other features to try to save you time and ensure accuracy.
• Database project management – organizes your database work into a project framework that contains one or more database connections and can also include SQL files, database design files, and any tables and views you designate as favorites.
• Database content editor – lets you edit the content of database tables in an interactive preview window. This offers a convenient way to edit and manipulate content without having to have a license to the database environment.
• SQL Editor – that will help you accelerate SQL programming tasks by allowing you to develop, test, and reuse SQL queries in all major relational databases.
• Graphical database design tool – lets you see the structures and relationships of database tables and design new tables without hand writing SQL code. This gives you the ability to concentrate on the underlying structure of your data and modifications rather than on the SQL commands to implement them.
• Data import and export – lets you move data in and out of your system in a variety of formats to suit any purpose. You can export as XML, CSV, HTML, or Excel. You can also import data prepared in a CSV format compatible with your database.