Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0 is the latest release of the consumer-based video editing program from Adobe. It is a scaled down version of their professional level package Premiere Pro and it can be purchased as a bundle with Adobe Photoshop Elements for a significant savings.
Like Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements is a lot easier to work with and a lot more manageable than its big brother Premier Pro and while it has fewer features than Pro, the features it does have are more geared toward and will better serve the general consumer.
• 2 GHz or faster Processor with SSE2 support.
• 3 GHz processor for HDV or Blu-ray.
• Dual-core processor for AVCHD.
• Windows XP with SP2 or SP3, Windows Media Center, Vista, or Windows 7
• 1 GB Ram (2 GB for HD editing)
• 4.5 GB hard drive space
• Color monitor with 16-bit color video card
• 1024 x 768 monitor resolution at 96 DPI
• DirectX 9 compatible display driver
• DVD-ROM drive (or other compatible drives for Blu-ray, etc.)
• Internet Explorer 6-8 or Firefox 1.5-3.x.
• DV/i.LINK/FireWire/IEEE 1394 interface to connect a Digital 8 DV or HDV camcorder, or a USB 2.0 interface to connect a DV-via-USB compatible DV camcorder (other video devices supported via the Media Downloader)