• Recall special events – through the new ability to organize around events. Since many photographic occasions center around life events such as the birth of a child or family holiday, you can go into the events view, and using the calendar, you can filter based on dates so that when you need to, you can quickly find that photo that you need.
• Create pro-quality photographic effects – using guided edits. These take a step-by-step approach to guiding you to adding amazing effects to your photos. New Guided
Edits help you create tilt-shift effects that make photos look like miniature scenes; vignettes that draw attention to the center of your photos; and high key and low key effects that add energy or drama with high levels of white or black. In addition to adding new Guided Edits, the improvements to the user interface and workflows help to enhance the look, feel, and ease-of-use of existing edits, so you can try more options until you find just the right look.
• Turn photos into illustrations – through the use of creative filters. Now there are three new original filters in the latest release of Photoshop Elements let you get the wow without the work. By simply clicking to apply new Comic, Graphic Novel, and Pen & Ink filters, you can get effects that will make people wonder whether they’re looking at a photo or an original piece of art.
• New templates – now come with Photoshop Elements 11. Just go to the Organizer or Photo Bin, and select the Greeting Card album. Once you’ve finalized your photos or photo creations, you want to share them with friends and family so they can enjoy them too.
• Find specific people – it is easy with the People view. The People view filters your library down to photos and videos that have a particular person in them. People can be organized into groups - family, friends, colleagues, or any other category that fits your life.
• Three editing modes – now with Photoshop Elements 11. Quick mode lets you start enhancing your photos right away, with automated options that enable you to choose from various lighting, color, balance, and sharpening options, and get your photos looking great fast. Guided Edits with step-by-step help, and Expert Mode for full control.