This is the third of a series of reviews that will cover what is contained in the Adobe Creative Suite 5 (CS5) Master Collection. When Adobe released CS5 this year, they not only will release single version products, but also five separate suites of products. They are Design Premium, Design Standard, Web Premium, Production Premium, and Master Collection. You can go online to compare what is contained in each version. The goal of this series it to define what each product does and provide information of what the new version brings to the table.
Adobe Flash CS5 Professional is the multimedia authoring program that can be used to create Web applications, games, movies, as well as content for mobile phones and other embedded devices. Adobe Flash CS5 Professional is geared for interactive designers, Web designers, graphic designers, and motion graphics designers and video editors.
As the flagship product for designing and developing content for the Adobe Flash platform it is an integral part of many of the Adobe Creative Suites. Flash Professional provide a comprehensive toolset for design for web, mobile, and video work flows.
What do you need to run Flash CS5 Professional?
• Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3; Windows Vista® Home Premium, Busi¬ness, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 2; or Windows 7
• Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor
• Mac OS X v10.5.7 or v10.6.3
• Multicore Intel® processor
• 1GB RAM
• 4 GB hard-disk space for program installation
• 1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit color
• DVD-ROM drive
• QuickTime 7.6.2 software required for multimedia features
• Broadband Internet connection required for online services
So what is new with Flash CS5 Professional?
• New Text engine – adds support for the new Text Layout Framework that is built into Flash Player. This will enable you to use print-quality typographic functionality within your Flash documents. This support also brings multilingual typographic control that was not available in prior versions. This new engine also maintains layout and text formatting with better fidelity when importing content from Adobe InDesign as well as other Adobe products.