Adobe Flash CS6 Professional is the multimedia authoring program that can be used to create Web applications, games, movies, as well as content for mobile phones and other embedded devices. Adobe Flash CS6 Professional is geared for interactive designers, Web designers, graphic designers, and motion graphics designers and video editors.
As the flagship product for designing and developing content for the Adobe Flash platform it is an integral part of many of the Adobe Creative Suites. Flash Professional provides a comprehensive toolset for design for web, mobile, and video workflows.
So what is new with Flash CS6 Professional?
• Wide platform – and device support means that you can extend your reach to devices that run on Android and iOS platforms by targeting the Adobe AIR 3.2 runtime on devices such as desktop computers, mobile devices, tables, and Internet-enabled televisions.
• Sprite sheet generation – gives you the ability to put multiple frames of one or more animations and symbols and combine it with a separate data file that contains all of the coordinates of each of the states. Through the use of these Sprite sheets, a browser or a game can load a single image and simply use the coordinates in the data file to show the specific state that is needed instead of loading these clips one at a time. Until now, you might generate your own sprite sheets manually, but with Flash Professional CS6, you can easily combine multiple symbols and animation sequences into a single optimized sprite sheet. Flash Professional CS6 generates the sprite sheet as well as the data file that contains the coordinates of each of the individual image states.
• Prepackaged AIR app creation – means that you can create and deliver applications with a prepackaged Adobe AIR captive runtime. This allows you to quickly test your content on different devices without having to install runtimes first, and end users can download, install, and use your content without requiring additional steps or downloads (other than accepting the licensing agreement).
• Platform and device-specific access – gives you free prebuilt native extensions allowing you to access to these platform- or device-specific capabilities in your code. New extensions are added as new devices and capabilities are released in the market.
• Adobe AIR mobile simulation – gives you the ability to add engaging expression and interactivity to your content. When designing and developing content on the desktop, it is challenging to test these advanced touch gestures and device features. Normally, you would have to install the content and test it on your device, but with new support for simulating these functions on the desktop in Flash Professional CS6, you can speed up testing and spend more time creating your content instead of debugging it.