• Rolling Shutter repair – fixes a problem that comes from some of the more modern DSLR cameras that now shoot video. It is commonly known as a “rolling” shutter, which captures a frame of video one scan line at a time. Due to time lag between scan lines, not all parts of the image are recorded at exactly the same time, causing motion to ripple down the frame. Now, After Effects CS6 includes an advanced Rolling Shutter Repair effect that contains two different user-selectable algorithms to help fix problematic footage.
• Enhanced effects – now include over 80 new and updated built-in effects. They begin with the inclusion of the CycoreFX HD Suite. In contrast to the 8-bit-per-channel CycoreFX previously bundled with After Effects, all 73 of the HD plug-ins - including such popular effects as CC Sphere and CC Gradient Wipe - support 16-bit-per-channel color - 35 of them support 32-bit floating point for maximum dynamic range. The CycoreFX HD Suite also includes effects not previously bundled with After Effects,
such as Cross Blur, Color Neutralizer, Kernel, Threads, Environment, Rainfall, Snowfall, Block Load, Plastic, Line Sweep, WarpoMatic, and Overbrights. There are other enhancements such as support for motion blur and a composition’s 3D lights in the relevant CycoreFX effects.
• Pro import After Effects – is an industry-leading integration solution that lets you easily import into After Effects and work with Avid Media Composer and Symphony AAF/OMF files, as well as with XML files from Apple Final Cut Pro 7 or earlier versions. Previously available as a separate product from Automatic Duck, Pro Import After Effects is included with After Effects CS6.
• Improved mocha AE workflow – The professional 2.5D planar tracking and rotoscoping tool mocha AE from Imagineer Systems continues to be bundled with After Effects. Additionally, After Effects CS6 now includes a Track In mocha AE menu command that lets you launch mocha AE directly from within After Effects, so you can immediately begin working with the per-vertex feathering and other masking tools available in mocha AE as well as in mocha shape.
• Other Enhancements – include dozens of features and refinements to existing features. For After Effects CS6 these include Re-engineered use of OpenGL for real-time interactive draft rendering, making After Effects even more responsive, finer control over composition objects via new bounding box controls, numerous scripting language additions and improvements, including support for the new Variable Mask Feathering feature, the ability to import ARRIRAW footage from ARRIFLEX D-21 or ALEXA digital cameras, and native support for Adobe SpeedGrade .Look files, cineSpace .csp files, and overrange IRIDAS .cube files.