This is the eleventh in a series of reviews that will cover what is contained in the Adobe Creative Suite 4 (CS4) Master Collection. When Adobe released CS4 this past fall, they not only released single version products, but also six separate suites of products. They are Design Premium, Design Standard, Web Premium, Web Standard, Production Premium, and Master Collection. You can go online to compare what is contained in each version. The goal of this series it to define what each product does and provide information of what the new version brings to the table.
One note, Adobe Acrobat Pro Extended is not included in Adobe Creative Suite 4. It is a standalone product. Adobe Acrobat Pro CS4 is part of the suite. Since much of what is contained in this review is also part of Adobe Acrobat Pro, I am including it here, but I will break out the extended features separately from the rest.
What do you need to run Adobe Acrobat Pro Extended?
- Windows XP SP2 or Vista; Mac OS X v10.4.11 – 10.5 (Leopard)
- 1.3 GHz or faster processor, PowerPC® G4 or G5 or multicore Intel processor
- 256MB RAM (512MB for Pro Extended)
- 1024x768 resolution screen
- 2.13GB hard drive space
- video hardware acceleration for Pro Extended is recommended
• Acrobat.com is a free set of online services that you can use to store and share your documents online from anywhere. When you sign up, you gain access to a set of hosted servers where you can keep your documents available from anywhere. ConnectNow is part of Acrobat.com and it will let you communicate between two or three people online, all for free.
• PDF Portfolios give you the ability to create and deliver high-impact communications to peers, partners, and customers worldwide. These portfolios set a new standard fro delivering a range of information, video, forms, and files within a single package. You can select from several PDF Portfolio layouts to grab the attention of your audience. You can include logos, Word and Excel files, video, Flash content, 3D models, and even folders of additional assets.